Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

The kids and I went to Birmingham over Easter weekend. We had so much fun! Little Sadie Kay is growing up so fast! I can't believe that she will be 3 in a couple months. We are going to visit with them again in May, June, and July! I am so happy... it's been years and years since we've seen them this much! Dani and Dakotah love their cousin and were so happy that she let them hold her.

Let's see what else? This week has been a very relaxing week so far. I took Dani to see the new Hannah Montana movie. It was cute.

My daycare is now down to just Zachariah and Mason... so nice! No more inspections or drama from them! Although I'm not making as much money it is so worth it! Dakotah and Dani love having it just 2 children.

The kids and I have been getting some things accomplished around the house. The outside got cleaned up today and the inside is being worked on. We are going with the theme of "have you used it in the last year? No? Then out it goes!" This has been hardest on Dakotah who keeps saying he might need whatever it is in the future.

Dani is doing good. She is officially starting the 6th grade on Monday. I got her books while we were at Julie's and have to get busy over the weekend to get lessons together. She is still learning piano and is doing quite well. She is very into the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana). I love her liking them because it has sparked her interests into being more motivated in learning guitar, piano, and drums. She is doing remarkably well in all she's into right now. She is also doing jazz, tap, and musical theatre. Her recital is June 6th and she is excited. I'll take alot of pictures!

Dakotah is doing good, regardless of the fact that he's hit depression with Stephen being gone. He helped Stephen and his sister move to Fayetteville yesterday. They are only about 20 minutes away but the fact that he can't just say "I'm going to Stephens" and walk next door is sad for him. The boys did absolutely everything together. Dakotah officially starts the 9th grade on Monday. He will be homeschooled but going through Christian Liberty Academy. They will grade his tests and keep records so that I don't have to. They will ensure he's getting all of his credits so he can graduate.

Don is doing good. He's still in the mountains pushing a button every few minutes! We tease him that he's not really deployed to Afghanistan but that he's actually doing what they did in the series Lost. They pushed a button every 180 minutes or something like that. He misses us, or at least we hope he does! He will be home sometime around August for 2 weeks then will be home for good sometime around Jan/Feb of next year.

I am doing good. I'm only caring for a 7 year old and 8th month old. It is so nice to have some quiet time during the day! I am still going to college. Not all of my credits transferred over from Washington but that is okay..... I will eventually get done, I hope! I'm still working toward my AA in Early Childhood Education.

Not much else has been going on here. We are just patiently, or as patiently as we can, waiting on Don to come home. I will post more goings on in our lives when more happens!

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments: