Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything. I have been so busy that I just haven't made time to keep this blog updated. We are all doing fine.
Dakotah has been volunteering at the horse stables everyday. It is hard work but he loves it. He goes about 7 in the morning and comes home each night about 6. He jokingly asked if there were child labor laws against him volunteering so many hours! :D I told him I'd pick him up early but of course he wanted to stay the whole day each day. I am so glad that he goes everyday as I think it helps him learn responsibility and keeps him from getting into trouble. He has finally decided to wear jeans that actually fit him again instead of the baggy ones that fall off his waist! I am so happy because I hate that sagging stuff teenagers do nowadays! :D
Dani had a jazz, tap, musical theatre recital. She had so much fun! I will see if I can post some pictures of her on here. I have to figure out how to use it first! :D LOL She is still volunteering at the horse stables. She will go everyday this next week to help out. She will soon begin riding lessons. She also begins today caring for someone's horse as if it were her own. This means that I drive her to the stables twice a day so she can feed and care for the horse. Yes, it's almost as much work for me as her but it is so worth it for my angel to do something she loves. She wants to learn everything she can about horses, in hopes one day her Daddy will allow her to get one. She loves horses and is living her dream life right now. She has informed me that when Daddy retires we will live on a ranch. She will have horses, cows, chickens, and a pet pig! :D She also says we will have a huge garden. I told her she better get a very good job to help pay for all of it.
We have taken a couple months off of school. I homeschool the kids year round so we can take time off when we fell the need and still have our 180 days accounted for. We will begin schooling again once Don returns to Afghanistan from leave. He will be home roughly the last 2 weeks of July. We are so excited. We will be going to the beach for Dani's birthday. I think he is going to take Dakotah paintballing ... they should have fun shooting each other! :D The 4 of us will go play laser tag. I'd rather get laser shot than paintball shot. Yes, I think that the boys would gang up on Dani and I.
Don is doing good, beyond ready to come home to his family. His camp was attacked and 2 soldiers died and 6 were injured. It is a very sad day for some families. I am also beyond ready for Donald to come home.
I am doing good. Just trying to keep up with the kids! In August Dani will be taking riding lessons, dance, and caring for her "borrowed" horse. Dakotah will just be volunteering and doing Civil Air Patrol. I will be in classes again and trying not to get buried under the chaos of our lives. I am still babysitting. I have a 10 month old that I keep all week and 2 two year olds that I keep at various times during the week. The 2 year olds are little girls that remind me so much of Dani when she was little! :D
I do believe that's everything that has been going on. I will try to do better about posting on here.
Love you guys
Stacy Kay
No comments:
Post a Comment