Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 2010

I logged on to type an update then the kids woke up and the puppy woke up so now I'm referring a 1 year old, 2 year old, 3 year old, and a 4 month old puppy. :) Who says my life is boring???

We have had a busy month! Don came home FINALLY! He had to go right to work but only had half days. Now he is on leave! YEAH leave! So while Don has been gone our dryer has been taking forever to dry clothes. This last month has been really bad. It takes up to 4 times to dry a load of clothes. So finally we went out and bought a new dryer. Well this brought it down to 2 times to dry a load. So Picerne, military housing, finally came out and looked at our stuff only to find that it's their fault! If they did their annual maintenance on our house like they are supposed to then they would've cleaned our dryer vent (on the roof) and we never would've had an issue. Well Don let me keep my awesome new dryer and the vent got cleaned so now our clothes dry in one timing! Such a great feeling to open the dryer after 40 minutes and find dry clothes! :)

We had a great Valentine's Day weekend. I got Don a laptop stand for our room so he can sit on our bed and do his stuff. He got me a much needed microwave, my favorite flannel sheets, and a frog pillow. I have such a great hubby! :) Yesterday we took Dakotah, Dani, and Zach to Olive Garden then to play Lazer Tag and some arcading. It was fun.

Oh I forgot to say that the gas peddle fell off the Explorer. UGH ... our friend Tim helped get it back on and helped changed the throttle cable. Thank God for great friends! :)

We leave on Friday for Indiana. Not looking forward to the weather or the drive in the snowy weather to get up there and back home. Of course our family couldn't live in say Florida! :) lol It will be nice to be up there and see everyone for a week. I'm most looking forward to hanging out with Don and the kids. We always have fun on our trips!

Jinx is growing like crazy. Hard to believe he's 4 months old! He is getting so big. He is still a big baby and Don likes how he blends in with our couch. :) lol

Don - he's still on leave. He only has another week and a half left which is sad. He is enjoying his time away from the Army. He has been helping run my errands and be "taxi dad" which is extremely cool! I have missed having help with little things like picking up prescriptions or the kids from school.

Dakotah - he's doing good. We finally decided on a high school for him, yes it was a hard decision. He is still into horses but has also started skateboarding again. Hopefully next month it will be warmer and he can go bull riding again.

Dani - she is doing good too. She is really upset because her favorite horse, the one she always rides in the horse shows, is being auctioned in a couple months. Hopefully she can use him for one more show in March before he's gone. She has a boyfriend, Zach, who is so sweet. They are best friends and they are so cute together.

Me - I'm still doing what I always do. I am watching 4 kids. Mason is 1, Dakotah is 2, Alicia is 2, and Jedaris is 7 months. Cerenity is 3 and she likes to come over nad play with us too but I don't "watch" her. I am having trouble with one of my parents paying me, as usual. She wants me to watch her kid more than we agreed on but doesn't want to pay me what we agreed on. Not sure how she figures that she should pay me less while I watch her kid more. :( There are days when I wish I had a "real" job. Mason is moving in July or August and I'm considering going back to the schools as a substitute. I loved doing that in WA so we will see. I'm still going to college. I took on only 2 classes that began the week Don got home from Afghani and my other 2 start in March. So I will be really busy next month.

Well that's it and I need to get these kids changed and outside to get out some of their energy. Hope everyone has a great week! :)

No comments: