Thursday, July 19, 2012

What's up Lusterville???

Life is good in Lusterville! Last weekend we went to Myrtle Beach. It was a wonderful trip! Relaxing and fun with friends. We returned home to have a very busy but accomplishing week. I have decided to homeschool DaniKay. I spent the first part of the week getting her schooling in order and getting her into some camps. Kind of upset when they cancelled the 2 weeks of acting academy we signed her up for, but so is life. I'm very excited for her to start her dance academy again, she loves dance. She is also in driver's ed, SCARY!!! She is enrolled in a private school for her high school, which allows her to be at home and allows me the freedom of having to grade and keep records, SUCCESS!!! I love homeschooling but really am not going to have time for the grading and record keeping. College courses start again next month and Dakotah starts back to school at the end of the month. I'm not sure I am ready for either. While I already get up at 5am every day I am not ready for the battle of getting a 17 year old up each morning. That kid sleeps like a log, the house could fall down around him and he would still be asleep. He is going to have a full schedule this year and will only be working part time so he can focus on his classes. I'm so proud of him and the young man he has become. I couldn't ask for a better teenager :)I need to get his pictures developed from Honduras so I can post some of them. He took a disposable camera since we were unsure of taking electronics over.

No comments: