Been a while ... Lots of things have happened.
Dani and I went on vacation. Dakotah stayed here at Fort Bragg with a friend down the street. He took care of Jinx while I was gone and did a pretty good job. Was so happy to see both of them when I got home. Dakotah ran off to Stephens the day I got home for a week! He is enjoying his summer vacation very much!
Vacation started off with 2 days in Georgia with Don. Fort Gordon still isn't one of my favorite places in the world but it's a great place when Don is there! We had a good 2 days then headed off to Alabama. WOW didn't expect the trouble we had. As Dani and I were traveling down the highway my car suddenly went from 70 mph to 30 mph. Oh man! The car would speed back up slowly then it would die. ugh! Dani and I almost got smashed between 2 semis at one time and a couple other times we almost got smashed between other cars. So scary! Well my sister was on the phone with me during one of those times and she called my dad. It just so happened we were right down the road from where my dad worked! So my dad got us into a shop where he knows someone and got my car looked at. Long story short .. new transmission was needed. ugh! Lots of thanks to my dad for his help! :)
Vacation at my little sister's house was great! Owen is so cute. The last time I got to hold him for a minute before he was whisked away to the NICU. So it was so much fun to play with him and bond with the little man. Sadie Kay is adorable, as always! Love that little girl so much! Always a great time when our vacation leads us to my sister's house! I love it there!!!
To end our vacation we went back to Fort Gordon and spent 3 days with Don. It was so much fun! Don bought a game called Zombie Fluxx and wow we had a great time playing it!!! Can't wait til he gets home and we can play again!
Let's see ... kids are good. They start school the 25th of this month. I have all their dental and doctor appointments scheduled for the next 2 weeks so that we will be ready when the time comes. ugh doctor appointments!
I think that's about all that is going on. I have decided to take up writing and drawing again. Don has tried to persuade me to do this before but I was always so busy ... now I'm ready to get on it again. I am excited! We shall see where this leads.
I guess that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment