Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just another ...

Wow it has been a while! Who to begin with???

Jinx - well he is doing good. He is 10 months old and 97 pounds! Ya know he thinks he is a lapdog but someone sure does need to inform my puppy that he is not!

Dakotah - He is good, hurt but good. He played in his first football game and got hurt during the 2nd quarter. He got stretched out during half-time then went right back in for 3rd quarter. He took one too many helmets to his leg and was out in the 4th. He took it easy for 4 days then went back to practice. Guess he once again took one too many helmets to the leg and now has a tore muscle. :( Not sure what all they are going to do about it yet. It has been 2 weeks and his next doctor's appointment is next week so we shall see. I know he will have physical therapy but not sure the extent of the damage yet. Poor kid! No more bull riding or riding horses for a while. He has decided to take up the drums again. He is taking band as one of his classes and then next year is going to be part of the marching band. His high school has the number 2 marching band in the state of NC. So he is excited. Pretty proud of this kid. His high school has gotten off to a pretty good start.

DaniKay - Well she is loving her horsetime as much as ever! She has a horse show the end of next month and is excited. She is still getting tossed around by horses. She was riding Raven the other day and got ran into the cattle rail. Nice big purple bruise on her knee. That kid would live at the barn if she could. She is also doing great in school. She has taken up playing the trumpet. Her cool parents bought her a purple trumpet and had her name engraved on it. Such a cool mom and dad she has! Don and I love our tree-loving hippie daughter! :b

Don - He is doing okay. Wishing they'd figure the upcoming deployment details out but doing good. He finally went to the doctor yesterday about his knee. He found out that he has the knee of a 50 year old and has several bone spurs. :( Knew something was going on but was too stubborn to get it checked out. He is on profile so running at his own pace and distance. The Army sure does take a toll on the body. He is hoping to get back into school soon. Found one online he might be able to do.

Me - I'm okay just trying to keep up with life. I am taking 7 classes this quarter. So much schoolwork, so little time. I am starting back to substitute teaching again soon. I can't wait! I'm excited but stressed about it at the same time, not so sure about when I'm going to find time to work. I have also been going to the YMCA ... love swimming laps! Between my college, my kids, my husband, my puppy, and the Y I just have NO time. But hey that's how I love my life ... busy and full of things that make me happy!

Not much else going on in Lusterville.

No comments: