I haven't updated this blog in such a long time! Ok here goes ...
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I cooked and prepped for Tuesday and Wednesday so I didn't have as much to do on Thursday. We had so much food. I made sweet potato casserole, mash potatoes, stuffing, turkey and noodles, lasagna, chicken alfredo(Don's bday request), green beans, corn, and bread. Our friend, Dan, brought a turkey. For desert I made chocolate/peanut butter squares, cherry pie, apple pie, banana pudding, Don's bday cake, brownies, and pumpkin pie. It was fun hanging out with everyone.
Don's birthday was on Thanksgiving this year. Everyone who knows us knows that I love Don's birthday because he is older than me for about 4 months! This year we got him pretty good. It was so much fun! On Wednesday they had a Turkey Bowl at his unit. A Turkey Bowl is where the different companies play football for a trophy. Well Don brought Dakotah with him to the Bowl and Dani and I went and bought him balloons. When we arrived I went and found the LT and he went with Dani to the car. Don was very confused why Dani brought the LT to our car. When they returned someone called all of A Co. together and LT gave Don one of the balloons and Dani gave him the rest. A Co. also sang Happy Birthday to him. :) So great!!! It was fun for the LT to help in the fun because Don is always messing with him. lol
What else? Dakotah is now being homeschooled. He goes next week to take his entrance exam into the local community college. He is going to dual enroll between homeschool and college. He can take science, history, math, and technology courses at the college. So I will just have to do English. It will hopefully work out well. We go in two weeks to register him for his courses. Then he will start in January. He is still going to the stables and volunteering. My kids are so happy out at the barn. :)
Dani is doing great! She is a little jealous that Kotah is being homeschooled but I'm not pulling her out. She still wants us to buy her a horse but has to wait til we have our own land. I keep telling her that we only have a little under 8 years til her Dad retires and then we can get one. In the meantime she is still going to the stables to volunteer and is loving it!
Dani and I got her Christmas tree up and the presents under it. She was so happy to see her tree. The Christmas tree and lights are her favorite part of the season. She has decided that we need to use clear wrapping paper from now on so she can see what her presents are! :)
Don is doing good. He's just going to work and going to work and going to work ... vicious cycle! lol :)
I'm doing good. I went and collected 750 toys for military kids last weekend. It is a wonderful feeling to know I'm helping these kids have a great Christmas before deployment! I go one more time before I have to hand out the toys to families. My college courses are going. I'm ready for Christmas break. What else? Oh I have been working as a substitute. I have been working one or two days a week.
Well that's the update on Lusterville. Til next time ...
No comments:
Post a Comment