Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just another update ...

It was another week of busy and fun in Lusterville.

On Friday I took Mason, Lil Kota, and Dani to the pool. My friend, Angi, brought Winter and Chylena and Chy's friend. The kids all had so much fun. After 4 1/2 hours of pool fun Angi and I decided that we better go home and cook our kids dinner.

Saturday Jinx had his obedience class. He is doing quite well. I'm so proud of him! While in PetSmart I weighed him and he weighs 90.5 pounds at just 7 months old. WOW!!! When I have him in PetSmart people are always coming up to me and telling what a beautiful dog he is and asking how old he is or how much he weighs, etc etc etc. One guy walked up to me and told me that I should give him Jinx because Jinx was a man's dog not a girl's. I laughed and told him no way Jinx was mine! :) Jinx has 4 weeks left of training then he will graduate from the first level and move on to the second level in August. We are hoping to get him into service dog training. They have service/therapy dogs for depression so we are hoping to get Jinx trained for that and use him with Dani. We shall see what the future holds for our Jinx!

My friend, Angi, and I took her girls, Dani, Big Kotah, and Lil Kota to see Toy Story 3 Saturday evening. It was a great movie! We have been movie-aholics lately ... Alice in Wonderland has been my favorite so far. Shutter Island was confusing like the book so I didn't finish watching it. Dani watched Dear John and liked it, so not my type of movie. I would cry through the whole thing! From Paris with Love is good but of course I would say that because its a John Travolta movie! was another good one but there were so many things that were unrealistic in it! I must say falling from a plane in a tank was pretty cool! A-TeamToy Story 3 was absolutely awesome!!! Spy Next Door was cute. Edge of Darkness was good. Legion was great! These are the most recent. We are gonna go see Robin Hood tonight. There are so many more on the list of "Stacy must sees" ... love Red Box! It seems like good movies come out all at once then suddenly there are no good movies for a while. Lately has been good ones! :)

Don is good. Yesterday they had nerd day at our house and him and his friends played games all day until late at night. They had a great time. He has 2 weeks left before he gets a week of vacation then it's off to the big state of Georgia for 2 months. There are several friends of his going at the same time so it shouldn't be too boring! ;)

Today Don had a great Father's Day! We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. :) We went to Barnes and Nobles for Don's Father's Day gift ... some new books in the series he's reading. The mall was fun and then on to Edward McKay's for Don's other series he's reading. Yeah my hubby loves to read! :) He's a sci-fi junkie!!! We came home for some quiet-time then we are gonna drop Lil Kota off to her Daddy and are gonna go to see Robin Hood. Can't ask for better Father's Day fun!

Dakotah spent last week with Stephen. He had alot of fun, as always. Not quite sure what he is doing this week but I'm sure it has alot of friends in the plans. He got a certificate for having a 3.0 - 3.5 grade average during his 9th grade, so proud of my baby!

Dani spent last week hanging out with friends and at the barn. This week I'm sure she will have a little barn time in the mix and alot of pool and friend time. She is getting excited about going on a Mommy/Dani vacation.

I'm good. I don't have much planned this week except hanging out at the pool with DaniKay and Mason. Got some school work to do but other than that I'm just waiting on next weekend when we can relax and do family stuff again! :)

2 weeks til Tab, Jeremy, and kids come for a week. I am getting excited! We always have a great time with them. Then 4 more weeks til Dani/Mommy vacation. Still waiting to see if we get tickets to the White House. Hoping so but if not we will still travel through DC and get lots of pictures! Getting very excited myself!!!

No comments: