Monday, June 25, 2012

Stacy :)

Me? Where to begin ... this has been the most challenging deployment that I have ever been though: EMT class, college courses, fire academy, volunteering, Yogi, Dani's challenges, Dakotah's challenges, and just plain life :) I am proud to say that Lusterville made it through and the police weren't involved, not even one time, well except for Kotah's dump truck accident and traffic tickets!!! Ok so the police were involved a little but could've been worse. :) I am so glad that this deployment is over and Don is home to help me through the speedbumps that come our way. Although I did get a new car, since we are definitely not a Bravada only family :) Don got me a 2012 Sonic and I love it!!! It isn't what I wanted, as I wanted a truck and Don wanted a jeep but it gets 35 miles a gallon in the city and 42 on the highway! We decided that a fuel efficient car was what we needed because it's nothing for me to drive 100 miles in a day when I am running errands and taking kids to appointments :) Over the last year I finished the fire academy and also finished my EMT course. The EMT course was challenging but it is my proudest accomplishment :) I was volunteering as a firefighter but quit when it was time for Don to come home because I just didn't have enough time to keep up with everything going on and to volunteer. I miss it though, as I loved doing it. I am unsure, at the moment, where I am going from here. I need to sign up for some more college courses and decide what I am going to do with my EMT training. I am thinking I am going to try and volunteer for Womack Army Medical Center to keep up my EMT skills til I figure out what I want to do. I love riding the ambulance but I also loved being in the ER so time will tell :) In the meantime, I am currently just enjoying my last week of leave with my hubby and kids :)

No comments: